Introduction to your course
Welcome to your mobile photo editing course
Firstly, thank you for trusting me to help you improve your smartphone photography. As an enthusiast you take lots of photos – on your phone and have developed a love of photography.
Now, let’s take them to the next level. We have all said the image doesn’t do it justice. This course is going to make all your images look as amazing as they deserve to be.
In just 21 days, you will be able to….
- Feel confident in editing any image – getting the most out of your smartphone
- Make your photos tell a story and jump off the screen
- Elevate your images using a quick six-step photo editing process
- Navigate photo editing apps with confidence and discover your creative side
- Enthusiastically share the best version instantly and really so much more
You will avoid….
- Overwhelming subscription desktop photo editing programs
- The learning curve of experimenting with different features and what they do
- Over-editing images to the point that they look edited
- Downloading countless gimmicky apps that actually destroy the image quality
- Wasting time. You should be taking photos and enjoying loved ones
Structure of the course
This course assumes no prior knowledge and leads you from beginner to more advanced techniques. If you are already well practised at photo editing, then a refresher on content that you are already familiar can also be quite valuable.
Your 21 lessons grouped into 4 modules:
Module 1: 5 Days - Photography Intention and Visual Language -
Module 2: 5 Days - Basic Editing
Module 3: 5 Days - Intermediate Editing
Module 4: 6 Days - Advanced Editing
How much time do I need to allocate to each module?
- Module one: is predominantly text-based, totally a 30-minute read
- Module two: 39 minutes of video and an approximately 30-minute reading
- Module three: 49 minutes of video and an approximately 27-minute reading
- Module four: 66 minutes of video and an approximately 39-minute reading
Total of just over four hours of video and two hours and 50 minutes of reading! The reading time is calculated on word count and based on an average to fast reader pace.
Download video and audio
Video can be viewed at a faster speed by clicking/tapping on the setting in the bottom right corner of the video. The audio can also be downloaded separately to be listened to on your walk or commute.
We all have different learning styles. Passively watching a video is great for some. You may prefer to be hands-on and be following along with my practical demonstrations on your phone. Bit harder, if you are watching the video on your smartphone!
You may even prefer to learn by skim reading through text – hence, why this text is here for you...
At the end of each week, there is an activity to get you involved and practising what you have learned. We all learn differently. Me, I get excited with new knowledge and like to be hands-on and get out there practising.
You can share comments and images you create in the comments section at the bottom of each lesson page.