Do you find yourself simply snapping the scene in front of you, without knowing how to make it look engaging or creative? You are not alone.
You love taking photos on that convenient camera in your purse or pocket. You now want to extend that passion and really become the photographer you aspire to be.
Imagine feeling empowered to consistently edit stunning images of those precious memories, travels and discover the details and beauty in your world.
You have found the shortcut to confidently and strategically create WOW images
- Lack direction in photo editing
- Apply the same 3-4 editing steps
- Find yourself relying on favourite filters
- Bounce around editing apps without understanding what is changing
- Want to get the most out of the photos you capture on your smartphone
- Struggle to find smartphone specific information in a structured training package
- Relying on your ‘big’ camera for capturing stunning images
- Overwhelming subscription desktop photo editing programs
- The learning curve of experimenting with different app features and what they do
- Over-editing images to the point that they look fake and unrealistic
- Downloading countless gimmicky apps that actually destroy the image quality
- Wasting time. You should be taking photos and enjoying loved one
In just a few weeks, you will be able to:
- Feel confident in editing any image – getting the most out of your smartphone
- Make your photos tell a story and jump off the screen
- Elevate your images using a quick six-step photo editing process
- Avoid the steep learning curve and overwhelm of desktop editing programs
- Edit photos on the go and enthusiastically share the best version instantly
- And so much more…
Image supplied by Marion Blake - Smartphone Photography Club member
We live in a wonderful time now, whereas photographers we are no longer defined by the camera we use. The truth is, you don’t need to have exceptional talent or skill in order to create phenomenal photographs. All you need to know is the foundation principles, techniques and a little bit of practice.
Whether you take photographs of nature, travel, business or family, you will be able to make each photo memorable as if it was taken by a professional photographer.
Photo editing without the computer, jargon and technical stuff!
Who has the time or patience to endure the steep learning curve of a complicated desktop program? Especially when most if not all of your images are captured on your smartphone!
YouTube videos and tutorials at smartphonephotographytraining.com are great for specific information. You cannot find everything you need to know, in the best sequence for your learning journey from beginner to advanced.
This course assumes no prior photography knowledge and is structured in a way to help you 'see' photographically and quickly transition from basic to more advanced photo editing techniques on your smartphone or iPad/tablet device.
Have you ever said 'the photo doesn't do it justice'?
Photo editing is about re-creating what was lost in the capture. In this course, you will learn about how to 'see' as a photographer, before you start editing your masterpieces.
You will learn how to identify photographic opportunities, break down the elements of the scene, recognise the motivation and intention of the photo and how to really make that stand out in a beautifully aesthetic image. Doesn't that sound great?
In a few short weeks, you will be consistently creating WOW images that you are proud to share, post and print.
Structure of the course
This course leads you from beginner to more advanced techniques. It is broken down into 6 modules. Each is jam-packed, with five lessons totalling 30 lessons throughout the course!
Most lessons include a video, walking you through the why and when of the technique or tool before demonstrating how to use it. On average, these are under 8 minutes in length.
Each week, the next module will be unlocked for you to study at your own pace. released and available to read and watch.
Get started now!
Preview1.1 Introduction to your course: Strategically edit WOW images on your smartphone
Preview1.2 Self-Assessment and invitation to your Facebook community (7:38)
Start1.3 Storytelling, photography intention, visual language and aesthetics
Start1.4 How to create a WOW photo
Start1.5 Snapseed Settings, Android and iPhone differences and other apps covered
StartModule One activity - introduce yourself in the comments
StartModule One PDF download
Start2.1 Perspective Tool to straighten and change perspective (5:21)
Preview2.2 Cropping - the most critical step (9:43)
Start2.3 Tune Image to adjust colour, lighting, contrast, etc (9:19)
Start2.4 Healing - remove distracting elements. Alternative Retouch App (11:31)
Start2.5 Details Tool - sharpen the image (2:51)
StartModule two activity - Share a before and after image that has been cropped and perspective adjusted
StartModule Two PDF download
Start3.1 Tonal Contrast to add depth and sharpness (6:50)
Start3.2 Selective and Brush Tool - area specific adjustments (14:50)
Start3.3 Lens Blur to add background blur. Plus After Focus app (8:11)
Start3.4 Expand tool to add extra sides to your image (5:02)
Start3.5 Snapseed app tips and hacks (16:12)
StartModule three activity - quiz time
StartModule Three PDF download
"I took Smartphone Photography Training's Snapseed photo editing course to gain proficiency and some ideas for the social media for our business. I had no idea that I would get so much out of it on a personal level. This course gave me the skills to create the image I imagined from the one I initially captured, and the confidence to keep trying and experimenting. Thanks very much, Mike for your simple, insightful and easy to follow instructions."
- Eva van der Vlies
"Fantastic introduction to Snapseed, each module gave me great info to get the most out of the app and improve my photos. Easy to follow and understand.Thanks Mike excellent course."
- Sally Todd
How much time do I need to allocate to each module?
- Module one: is predominantly text-based, totally a 30-minute read
- Module two: 39 minutes of video and an approximately 30-minute reading
- Module three: 49 minutes of video and an approximately 27-minute reading
- Module four: 66 minutes of video and an approximately 39-minute reading
- Module five: 23 minutes of video and an approximately 24-minute reading
- Module six: 66 minutes of video and an approximately 21-minute reading
The average weekly time commitment is between 60 to 90 minutes. You can increase the speed of the video playback to save you time or download the audio to listen to on your commute or walk!
Over 4 hours of video tutorials and 173 page downloadable PDF including all the lessons. All learning styles covered from visual, auditory, reading/writing and kinaesthetic participating in module assignments.
Unlike a group workshop, you can participate in this course at your pace and still have your questions answered by Mike directly. You also have a community to involve yourself for the interpersonal social learner (like me).
Note: At enrolment, you will receive immediate access to module 1. Each module will then be emailed to you weekly to ensure enough time to watch the videos, take in the information and participate in the end of module activity.
Want to access just one or two modules?
Instead of subscribing yearly or monthly to access the entire structured course, bonuses and the weekly photo themes you can enrol in individual modules.
- Photography intention and visual language - enrol here
- Basic editing - enrol here
- Intermediate editing - enrol here
- Advanced editing - enrol here
- Looks and styles (filters) - enrol here
- Editing workflow examples - enrol here
If you already know the basics, then the condensed version of the course may suit you the best - enrol here
Become a member of our Club to access this course and additional benefits... only $19 per month
In this exclusively mobile photography community, you will have access to everything:
- This exact full structured six-module, thirty-subject photo editing course. Learn the why, when and how to use the tools available in Snapseed and other editing apps
- Five-part video series on hidden camera features, photography principles, photo editing and mobile accessories
- EBook: Learn everything about your iPhone camera - hidden features and tips, shooting techniques, apps and accessories
- Community in a closed Facebook group. Join other photo enthusiasts creating beautiful, impactful images across all types of photography genres: landscape, nature, wildlife, pets, portraits, macro, street, travel, cityscapes and long exposure
- Participate in weekly photo themes. Each week a collage of the images is compiled and the 'People's Choice' winner is declared along with tips for the next week's theme
- Photo critiques. This is a great way to expand your creativity. exposed to how other people capture and edit images
- Direct access to Mike James to continue your learning journey and have your questions answered any time!
- Membership sponsor discounts on accessories and apps
Lifetime course access
As technology updates, so will this course. Your valuable feedback will lead to improvements that will benefit yourself. You will continue to have access to your course to access as a refresher in the future.
Continued access to Mike James
You will not feel abandoned during or most importantly after the course. Unlike other courses, I will be there to answer all your comments within the course lessons. I do not have a community manager for the Facebook group. It is me, and I am in their daily to answer your questions and share your successes. My passion for training comes from the opportunity to become your coach and mentor as you continue to develop your passion for smartphone photography.
All the tutorial videos, audio and printable PDFs of each lesson can be downloaded to watch and read offline at any time. The resource page is available after the release of module six.
Private Facebook group access
The private Facebook group is open to all past course and in-person workshop attendees. You are part of a special group that I hold dear. I want to support you in any way that I can to develop our shared passion for smartphone photography. You will see me in there every day answering any questions and supporting others.
Get started now!
Frequently Asked Questions
My two passions are training design and photography. This course structure and content has been meticulously planned, empower you to reach your goal of strategically editing your photos and become the photographer you always wanted.
Hi, I'm Mike James an award winning twenty-year plus veteran photographer/educator, a late adopter and now a self declared mobile photography 'purist'. My greatest pleasure comes from seeing your development and transition from taking snapshots to creating intentional, impactful and powerful images.
Unlike other course, I am here for you long after this course has finished in our wonderful community of like-minded photo enthusiasts on this journey together.
So looking forward to meeting and supporting you inside this course.
Learn more about me here.
Be Passionate - Be Creative - Keep Learning
- Be proud of the images that you are creating and sharing
- Be confident you can enhance the most precious photos you already have
- Dramatically improve the look of your photos - iPhone and Android
- Discover how visual language creates strong, engaging images
- Practical, jargon-free techniques and tips to develop your photography eye
- Quick, easy to follow photo editing process to enhance any image
- More advanced image editing workflows to engage the viewer
- Avoid the steep learning curve of desktop editing programs
You want a guarantee? How about 3 different guarantees?
Money Back Guarantee
I know you'll love this course, because previous participants send me lovely emails telling me exactly that every day. Still, just in case, I am more than confident in offering a 30 day money back guarantee. Simply send an email to [email protected] within 30 days of receipt, and your entire purchase price will be promptly refunded. All emails replied within 24 hours Mon-Fri.
I have personally purchased courses and attempted to access it later to find it deleted! Even though they offered lifetime access was no longer there. This course will be updated as different elements need refreshing or the tools change. Your access will not change. If you have any issues logging in, tap the forgot my password in the original log in page. Any further issues, please make contact. This course is also designed to be also be a resource for you to return to on an as needed basis.
This course comes with an "always updated" guarantee. Every month the course is checked for outdated lessons. If something has changed or become outdated, a fresh lesson is recorded to keep it up to date. When you purchase with Smartphone Photography Training, you'll never be left with incomplete or old information again.
Where else can you find these kind of guarantees?
"Just binge watched them Mike... Well planned, everything flowed, simple and easy to understand. You speak in a clear friendly manner. I certainly learned things.. right from the beginning. Oops I've never cleaned my lens."
- Cheryle Abbey Matthew
"Really loved this course, the videos are quick and easy to watch, which I think is important. I also like that the information was kept simple. I picked up a few tips too, like the grid lines. I love the fact that my mobile phone camera can help me take great photos. Highly Recommended"
- Carole Walker